Simonton Energy Efficient Windows
At Simonton, we understand that energy efficiency is more important than ever. That’s why we are continuously looking for ways to make our windows and doors as thermally efficient as possible. From the materials we use and the glass packages we offer to our dedication as an ENERGY STAR® partner, we’ve got you covered when it comes to energy efficiency. Premium Vinyl The premium vinyl used in our windows and doors is an excellent insulator. Its thermal properties are far superior to aluminum, steel and stainless steel. Spacer Systems Most Simonton windows and doors feature unique spacer systems. Made of highly thermally prohibitive materials, these are placed between the glass panes and further reduce temperature transfer.
Intercept® Spacer System
- Unique U-channel design minimizes conduction for increased efficiency and comfort.
- Durable long-lasting design.
- U-shaped design flexes and contracts, reducing seal failure in the insulating glass unit.
Super Spacer® System
- Solid silicone foam provides superior energy efficiency.
- Does not conduct energy as quickly as metal spacers.
- Silicone foam is flexible and helps reduce stress cracks.
Many Simonton windows and doors are available with Low E glass. A transparent metallic oxide coating applied to the glass surface allows short-wave energy to pass through but reflects long-wave infrared energy for greater thermal efficiency.
The space inside an insulating glass unit—between the glass panes—may be filled with Argon gas, an odorless, non-toxic gas that is six times denser than air. This acts as an added barrier for a higher level of efficiency.
Some glass packages contain laminated glass. A transparent interlayer is adhered to a pane of glass, acting as a barrier against energy loss, noise transmission and forced entry.